Thursday 9 October 2008

Blog of Bling #2- I found a soccer league before I found a flat

30-08-08, or in America: August 30, 2008But now I’ve found both. After living 3 weeks with my boss in the city of Brighton (on the southern coast of the UK) and commuting to the city just about everyday, I have finally moved into my new flat.The address is 59 Latchmere Road, SW11 2DS. I’d recommend Google Mapping it with the satellite option. As you can see, the flat is across the street from a park (I’ve yet to find the entrance to it however), and surrounded by railroad tracks. Their all virtually noiseless passenger cars, though. Plus, Clapham Junction is only 5 minutes away. Door to door, the bus route takes only 30 minutes to work, which is a breeze compared to the 1.5 hr commute from Brighton!It has 7 rooms (or at least 7 doors), 3 full (yet cramped) bathrooms, a lounge with tele, a kitchen/laundry room, and a “garden.” All for the low, low price of a little less than $1200 per month. The idea behind moving into this flat, was to acquire a network of friends/acquaintances right away. Unfortunately, I’ve been here three days and have only met one other flat mate (an italian girl) who proceeded to bang on my door at 8 AM this morning because she thought I was blaring techno music and she had a massive hangover. (The culprit has yet to be found). Other than the occasional footsteps or mysterious techno music, the flat is unoccupied. Oh well. I’m sure my flat mates will turn up sooner or later. And after her hangover had succumbed, Fabiana did apologize, so that was nice.I’ve decided my local pub will be “The Latchmere.” I had a few pints and dinner by myself last night while watching Man U lose to some Russian team in a cup tournament I’d never heard of. It was an entertaining game though and although the pub seemed more for locals (old, drunk, and loud men) they didn’t bother me any while I sat on the side and watched the game on a HUGE pull down screen. They also have free Wi-Fi, which is important because my flat does not.I also need to find a place that sells webcams/mics, or at least order one for SKYPE. I have the program downloaded, but have no way to talk or be recorded by my computer. For now, my log on name is chris.bling.thompsonso you can add me now in great anticipation of my webcam purchase. So, I’m starting to get settled. Soon I will get my iPhone and then I’ll consider myself “settled.” Until then, Go Cards!! I’ll be wearing my Carmody jersey and drinking pints at the one pub in London that shows ESPN (I think).

No comments: