Monday 17 November 2008

Blog of Bling #10- (Not so) Rotten Tomatoes

So its taken a few months, but I finally realized that I live in London, and am not just on an extended holiday. The exact moment of realization came this weekend when I was meeting some friend in Picadilly to see some new german film. I was on the bus, running late (as usual for public transportation), and checking the map function on my iPhone. I was trying to figure out how long of a bus ride I had remaining. After a bit of watching my GPS position move across the London map, I looked up and out the window, only to see Parliment and Big Ben right next to me. I started to check my phone again when I realized, that I just glanced at one of the most recognizable and famous buildings in the world, and didn't give it a second thought!

And just some FYI, German movies are crazy. It was a movie about the RAF during the 60's and 70's. 2 hours and 45 minutes of gun shots, bombs, riots and terrorist plots, mixed with nude and sex scenes for no apparent reason except to break up the violence. Still, it was more thought provoking than nearly any movie I've seen.

Also, I understand the new Bond movie just came out in America, where as it's been out for a while over here. Although it resembles more of the Jason Bourne movies, rather than James Bond, I still recommend it. Just don't expect the cheeky humor and male permiscuousness of past Bond films...

No comments: