Friday 26 June 2009

Blog of Bling #21- Where in the world are my parents?

So the one solace my parents took from me moving from Louisville to London, is that they would get to visit. As of last thursday, they've been making their way through Europe towards London.

Is it weird that they haven't called or emailed me yet? I must say, I'm feeling a bit neglected at the moment.

Oh well, I suppose they'll have to call when they make it to London when they need help with bags or something...



On a happier note, I'm on a string of good sports luck lately. Tuesday, a last second free kick gave us a tie to finish at least 3rd in our football league. Wednesday, the US rocked the #1 team in the world, Spain in the Confed Cup. I pretty much perpetuated the American stereotype by being extremely loud and obnoxious at the pub I watched the game. What was worse is that I was completely surrounded by spanish fans.

Clapping loudly, cheering, running around the pub after both goals were scored are things for which I will not apologize. However, drunkenly singing the national anthem after the match was over, might have crossed the line. Many thanks to my friend Laia, who respected the imaginary American flag.



Anyway, I have a try-out with a local football club tomorrow, so hopefully the sports luck hasn't run its course! More on this, and the location of my parents coming soon!

1 comment:

Carmelle, Vincent, Tristan, Caleb, and Brayden Martinez said...

Good luck on the football club! Also, that is so awesome that you get to see your parents soon!! Have fun!